GRIT Awards| Class of 2018
Class of 2018
- GRIT Champion
- Male Champion
- Dionne AugusteOperations Manager – NES Global TalentDionne AugusteOperations Manager – NES Global Talent
Dionne is the operations manager for NES Global Talent in Perth, Australia. NES is a workforce provider that provides staffing solutions across the Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and Mining sectors globally.[su_permalink id="38553"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Muhammad Imran KhanMari Petroleum Company Limited, PakistanMuhammad Imran KhanMari Petroleum Company Limited, Pakistan
- Andrea ReynoldsGeneral Manager Business Transformation London – ShellAndrea ReynoldsGeneral Manager Business Transformation London – Shell
- Elizabeth RogoCEO/Founder – Tsavo Oilfield Services LtdElizabeth RogoCEO/Founder – Tsavo Oilfield Services Ltd
- Allison SelmanIntegrity Management & Decommissioning Manager – AtterisAllison SelmanIntegrity Management & Decommissioning Manager – Atteris
Allison is the founder and coordinator of Women in Subsea Engineering (WISE), director of Atteris Pty Ltd., and one of our 2018 GRIT Award winners.
WISE is a D&I initiative of Subsea Energy Australia. It is a not-for-profit professional network focused on achieving gender parity in the subsea industry. WISE was founded in Perth, Western Australia in 2016 and has 220+ members in Australia as well as an international following.[su_permalink id="39438"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Sarah Jane WalkerSenior Integration Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE companySarah Jane WalkerSenior Integration Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE company
Sarah, who we honored with a GRIT Award earlier this month, has had quite an impressive career journey so far. She navigated through her dual-degree MBA program on multiple continents while managing intense merger and acquisition activity with a “bring it on” attitude.
She encourages others with her personal motto: “Say yes to unique opportunities and trust your own creativity to implement the how.”[su_permalink id="924"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Jaime ButlerVice President of Permian – Baker Hughes, a GE companyJaime ButlerVice President of Permian – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Pam DarwinVice President Africa – ExxonMobil
- Cherie FullerVice President, Retail Power Market Management – EDF Energy ServicesCherie FullerVice President, Retail Power Market Management – EDF Energy Services
“When others say ‘oh well’, Cherie says ‘let’s go’.” Cherie Fuller’s let’s go approach is what led to her GRIT Award win. Read more here:
- Michele HarradenceSenior Vice President, Gas Transmission & Midstream Operations – EnbridgeMichele HarradenceSenior Vice President, Gas Transmission & Midstream Operations – Enbridge
“I continuously challenge myself to stay confident, to look around me and recognize that in fact, I have strengths that I bring to the table, and to have faith that I can demonstrate them through my actions and results," says Michele Harradence. Read more...
- Susan HowesVice President of Engineering – Subsurface Consultants & Associates, LLCSusan HowesVice President of Engineering – Subsurface Consultants & Associates, LLC
- Deanna JonesVP Human Resources & Administrative Services – Marathon Oil CompanyDeanna JonesVP Human Resources & Administrative Services – Marathon Oil Company
Execs must be ‘more open to the way the world wants to work.’ To solve the energy crisis, businesses in the energy sector need to attract a diverse workforce and empower workers to have their voices heard. That’s a message Deanna Jones, a winner at the GRIT Awards, shared at the HERWorld Energy Forum in Houston.
- Janette MarxCEO – AirswiftJanette MarxCEO – Airswift
- Julie Munn-SimsPrincipal – KPMG LLPJulie Munn-SimsPrincipal – KPMG LLP
- Maria O'ConnellVice President of Quality – Baker Hughes, a GE companyMaria O'ConnellVice President of Quality – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Katherine CulbertCo-Founder and CEO – K and K ProcessKatherine CulbertCo-Founder and CEO – K and K Process
“If you’re not pissing someone off, you’re not doing your job well!”
These are words Katherine Culbert lives by. The CEO of K and K Process, LLC learned this mantra the hard way early in her career after being named in a labor union grievance. Twenty years later, the GRIT Award winner recognizes she does not need to be the most popular person in the room to be a successful engineer.[su_permalink id="38550"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Kathy LehnePresident & CEO – Sun Coast Resources, IncKathy LehnePresident & CEO – Sun Coast Resources, Inc
- Michele McNicholCEO – Arion Blue LLCMichele McNicholCEO – Arion Blue LLC
When Michele McNichol stepped away from Wood Group, she called it “retirement.”
She was considering a departure from the industry, but she knew full well she wasn’t retiring from an active career in some respect.
- Lindsay SanderPrincipal – Sander ResourcesLindsay SanderPrincipal – Sander Resources
Lindsay is the Principal of Sander Resources, L.L.C. in Austin, TX.
Sander Resources is a consulting firm that helps its clients address developments in state and federal policies that impact their businesses, and implement programs to comply with them. Sander Resources uses innovation and information to influence policy, drive business, manage risk, and ensure compliance.[su_permalink id="2278"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Mary Van DomelenPresident – Van Domelen International, LLCMary Van DomelenPresident – Van Domelen International, LLC
The bias against women in leadership roles is strong, especially in male-dominated fields. Mary Van Domelen triumphed in spite of it and went on to inspire countless others to impact energy and the world around them. Read More...
- Mystie BarrettProcess Specialist – Aera Energy LLCMystie BarrettProcess Specialist – Aera Energy LLC
- Kara ByrneSr Proposal Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE companyKara ByrneSr Proposal Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE company
Kara Byrne is Americas Commercial Leader for Control Valves at Baker Hughes, one of the biggest oilfield service companies in the world, and she’s got GRIT. Read her GRIT Award winner profile here:
- Krista CaldwellMobility Manager – WorleyParsonsKrista CaldwellMobility Manager – WorleyParsons
Jet lag, culture shock, loneliness, and more may await those traveling overseas for work, but the lucky ones have someone like Krista waiting too. Read more...
- Cassandra CorleyDirector, Information Technology - ConocoPhillipsCassandra CorleyDirector, Information Technology - ConocoPhillips
- Maitri ErwinManager – NV, South America – CNOOC Nexen IncMaitri ErwinManager – NV, South America – CNOOC Nexen Inc
Maitri Erwin is a leader – not just because of her credentials and qualifications, but also because of her ability to make the most of her own innate qualities. Read her GRIT Award winner profile here:
- Jessica HernandezLead Manufacturing Specialist – Baker Hughes, a GE companyJessica HernandezLead Manufacturing Specialist – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Rebecca HofmannLeader – Management Systems & Blockchain Strategy & Innovation – EquinorRebecca HofmannLeader – Management Systems & Blockchain Strategy & Innovation – Equinor
Rebecca Hofmann says, “There is a lot of excitement when you are part of something bigger than yourself on an industry [and] world level.”
Read her GRIT Award winner profile here:
- Johanna HoytGeologist III – Aera Energy LLCJohanna HoytGeologist III – Aera Energy LLC
- Angela KnightGlobal Diversity & Inclusion Leader – Baker Hughes, a GE companyAngela KnightGlobal Diversity & Inclusion Leader – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Alaina SajatovicProduct Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE companyAlaina SajatovicProduct Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE company
Alaina says most digital products have a technical and a functional owner. That means, she usually has to wear both hats. “I was challenged to make both technical decisions and decisions about what features the applications should have, and how they should work.”[su_permalink id="39460"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Afton SterlingRegulatory Manager – Southwestern EnergyAfton SterlingRegulatory Manager – Southwestern Energy
Afton is a regulatory manager for the NE Appalachia Division of Southwestern Energy located in Spring, TX. Southwestern Energy is a natural gas E&P company with approximately 1000 employees.
Afton is originally from DuBois Pennsylvania and attended Pennsylvania State University. She is the direct manager of three employees and oversees another 10 indirectly.[su_permalink id="39443"]Read More[/su_permalink]
- Andrea WuPrincipal Consultant – RS EnergyAndrea WuPrincipal Consultant – RS Energy
- Hugh ConnettVice President Gas Supply and Trading – ChevronHugh ConnettVice President Gas Supply and Trading – Chevron
In energy, there are people who talk about diversity and inclusion, and there are those who walk the walk. We believe there are more than a few good men who are going beyond the data to change the culture. And when we meet one, we love to tell the world about it.
- Paige PRPaige PR
- Alyssa VolkOFS Commercial Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE companyInnovationAlyssa VolkOFS Commercial Manager – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Women of Weatherford NetworkWeatherford InternationalGrowth
- Baker Hughes, a GE companyTransformationBaker Hughes, a GE company
What is a GRIT Award?
A GRIT award is for the unsung leader who is down in the trenches getting the job done regardless of what recognition may come their way.
The furthest thing from a ceremonial award, the GRIT awards recognize leaders who boldly step up to the occasion, whatever it may be. It’s for women that lead, but it’s also for men who recognize the value of women and are advocates for their progress in energy.